Monday, June 27, 2005

Australia the isolated country

Just been reading my mate Alan's blog and he is off to Amsterdam for the weekend, which is great for him and I am sure he will have a great time in that city, I have been there and I know its a fun town to party in that's for sure.

Now that's the problem with Australia if you like to travel like I do then we are so far away from anywhere else except New Zealand and Indonesia and you would not go to Indonesia unless you had too except maybe Bali and that not completely safe. My friend Alan can be on a plane for under an hour and be in another country, if I got on a plane for an hour I would be lucky to be out of the state of Victoria which limits no not limits actually stops you from going to another country for a weekend trip as we are atleast 4 hours away from anywhere.

To me I feel cheated and I would love to live in Europe as there are so many countries close together that you can drive between countries in a matter of hours like Alan when he goes to Germany drives from England onto the Ferry to France and then into Germany what I would do to be able to do that.

Alan wants to move to Australia and that would be great to be able to catch up with him more often and have some Beers even if there not Pints but i want to move his way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been overseas... I would LOVE to just take 3 months and go as many places in Europe as I can and just explore. God, that would be so awesome!
Australia is another place I'd love to go.

Anonymous said...

Some times it can be a case of it being greener on the other side....

I live in England and have easy reach to europe and have seen a slice of what its like over there, i've been to france, germany, and spain.

But living in europe you do tend to see the same old same old, you live with it day in day out that it becomes the norm, all i hear on the news is whats happening in europe and what this country is doing and how this country doesnt like it.

But when you visit these countries yeah they have their own castles their own beaches there own trafalar squares... each country has there own thing to sell, but...

how many of us have seen everything that our own country has to offer?, i have been to london and seen the whole marble arch etc... etc... i have also been to manchester and to birmigham and a hundred other cities and towns in the UK

But still not seen all it has to offer, and i think that would be the same where ever i went or where ever i lived.

we live in a world where we work so much and have so few a time to spend in leisure that we actually miss the beauty that is in our own country.

I am as guilty of this as anyone, I want to move to australia because i have seen europe (not as much as i've wanted too but) i want to see so much of australia, so much of it is untouched, theres the great barrier reef, Uluru, theres just so much of it to see that i could happly spend the rest of time there.

When i get my visa im not going to waste it, i want to see Australia and hope it will open its arms to me also...

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to visit more of europe my friend!