Wednesday, May 25, 2005

How Life will Change?

For the last 12 months before we found out that Rebecca was pregnant I spent researching China, reading Rough Guides, browsing lonely Planets web site as we where looking moving there to teach English, I love traveling and experiencing different cultures, But since we found out about the baby I have not looked at a travel site or read a travel guide. Why is that well I have been asking myself that today is it because I know its all out of the question, or is that with all that happens with the baby and pregnancy that I have now something different to focus on, I just admit I like the whole baby idea and I am actively participating in all aspects that I can and liking most of it, who know but there is a burning desire to travel still.

As Rebecca and sat in the computer room/spare room today packing things up that just wont fit in the house anymore Rebecca comment that having this baby really means down scaling our lives in lots of way, we don't have the room to keep things inside that really are not useful or needed, we cant just decide to do anything without taking into consideration the baby from now on everything relates back to the baby and instead of us controlling our own lives it will or could be partially controlled by someone who cant talk, walk or go too the loo by itself, go figure.

We are both extremely aware that this little person will change ourlives but to the degree it does is really up to ourselves I hope, we can either make the effort and we don't only time will tell how this story works out. We have people who tell us you wont do that when you have a kid but we hope we are not one of those and a little effort will go along way.

Rebecca is having periods doubt as to weather she, me us will be able handle it and what sort of support she will get off me and others if she needs it , yes I will try to be helpfull and understanding when I get home from work and help out where I can, but I too like Rebecca will need some time unjust as I like to sit down and relax when I come home from work, now it will be baby stuff to deal with. As for support my sister lives about 300 meters away and rebecca's parents about 5 km away while mine are 100km away, but it does not matter because WE WILL BE FINE!.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi there!
I found you via alittlepregnant. And I thought I'd pop on by here!

I think what you've described in this post is all very normal. And I think that it's wonderful that you're anticipating the changes that will occur in your future -- and the very fact that you're already thinking of how you will support your wife is support itself.

I look forward to browsing through your site more. ;)

Here's a link to mine:
Rubber-Sol

Anonymous said...

My hub and I are going through the exact same thing... we're due this September, and it just seems like it [the EDD] is SO. CLOSE.
I can completely feel where you are coming from in this post... it's so weird, isn't it. Everything comes back to the baby, who is not even here yet but making his presence known. (Oh God, especially at night...).

I've enjoyed your site (I hit it from a little pregnant) and look forward to reading more. Feel free to visit mine if you'd like.