Sunday, June 12, 2005

Food tasty Food

Rebecca was waiting for her mom to bring her some food that she loves that her mom makes better than anybody so says Rebecca (personally I dont think its that great, I think my Spaghetti is way better) but hay what do we all expect when we ate our mothers food for 18 plus years of course we will like it and always remember it. Whenever we travel to lakes Entrance my mom always makes my favourite foods as well and yes i think they are great.

Ok lets get to the point Rebecca's cooking is well pretty good these days there was a time when it was very well how should we say this without me say having to cook my own meals for the rest of my human life, ok thats how i would describe it. Alot of times now with her pregnant we dont eat proper meals as she is not really hungry for certain foods (she ate a steak last night for the first time since Febuary) so i suggested that she start brushing up on her cooking skills as with herself its one of the great joys of lfe to eat your parents food and at the time when your young you may not find it all that special but as time goes by and you move out and someone else starts cooking for you you realise how much you like your mothers food. Its like a legacy to you Rebecca that this happens.

So we where having the above conversation and i said one day your child will be like that and will love its mother cooking, so hopefully our baby will love its mothers food as well.


Keeping on the food theme of things rebecca is missing all those foods that they tell her not eat that she used to eat like mini hotdogs, cheese cake, bree cheese. She feels its a big sacrifice but knows it wont last forever and sooner than later she will be able to eat these things again.

please leave a comment about how you feel about your mothers food and do you hope your kids will feel the same about your cooking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, honestly my Mom's food is just okay. I don't really love it though (Sorry Mom!). But yea, ummmm I'd rather make it myself or eat out.

I make pretty good meals when I get motivated. I think our kids will be okay and enjoy our food way more than I did when I was younger. I know my hub loves my cooking, and I am always trying new recipes.

Daym, I feel so bad I just admitted that I'm not a fan of my Mom's food or her groceries...! That's probably why I put more effort inti what I eat.