Thursday, August 18, 2005

Beer of The Week


I am going to start this as a regular post.

I will be telling you a few facts about my Beer of choice for the week/fortnight ( as a slab/case/box of beer usually takes me 2 weeks to drink). It will be different beers from all parts of the world.

This weeks beer of choice is "BECKS".
www.becks.com

Becks was first brewed in Bremen Germany in 1876

Becks is brewed according to the German Purity law of 1516 which means they can only put natural 4 natural products in it being barley, Hops, Malt and yeast along with water.

Becks is a pilsner beer best served extremely cold, It has a sharp crisp taste


Marks rating 7.5/10

Please comment with your own beers you like and maybe if they are available in Australia i will review them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a nice beer you have there! dont think a slab of becks would last 1 week round my house let alone 2 ... lol

Dezza said...

do me a favour and try the famous chinese beer, tsingtao (spelled qingdao in mainland china). the foreigners in china thought it was pretty good!

Anonymous said...

You know my preference. LOL Belgian beer then the chocolate!

bellywalker said...

Oooh...I'd love to hear your review of tsingtao. I've never had it myself, but it seems people either love it or hate it...no in betweens. As for me, my favorites right now are hoegaarden and stella artois. However, I'm definitely no beer aficionado.