Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ah to be sure

Happy Auatralia Day Everyone.

Well had my job interview with rivers last night it seemed to go well but I am not holding my breath as Sonja the lady who interviewed me said there was a lot of applicants and if I did not hear anything by Saturday I was unsuccessful so not really expecting a call.

Yesterday morning I was at work and I get a message to call peter at head Office, my mind starts racing why, whats going on, what have I done, he asks me weather I still want to go to Ireland and of couse I say yes he say well just go over there and there will be a job for you, I say its not that easy mate I need a work visa and I am too old for that, he says are you sure I say I am positive that's what the first guy who interviewed me told me. Gary Brown said that Harvey Norman would have to sponsor me for a visa he tells me to ring HR ( human resources) and they confirm that I am too old for a working visa, so I ring him back and I say mate just as I told you I am too old you guys need to sponsor my visa for a management position. He says really well I will have to talk to Tracy (GM of furniture) when she gets back from China next month and I will get back to you, but I am not holding my breath.

What amazes me about all this is that people in management positions at our head office don't really seem to know what they are talking about if it was as easy as just getting on a plane I would have already done that. Once again they get me all excited and then pull the rug out from under me I had just about put the dream of working oversea'a behind me and they go and rekindle it, not fair I say.

No comments: